Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Staying Productive During Difficult Times

Today was a challenging day for me to stay productive.  I woke up in the middle of the night feeling horribly sick, then I had to drag myself out of bed this morning feeling like I'd just played a game of professional football- and you guessed it, I was the football.  Lying around all day and watching movies would have felt really nice.

In addition to being sick, my wife had to take the cat to the vet to be spayed, and I needed to direct five of our six kids through their daily chores and activities.  We have two biological kids and four foster kids, all of whom are home schooled.

I know you must be feeling vastly sorry for me by now.  Would I like some cheese to go with my wine?  Actually, I'm not whining, just pointing out that life isn't always easy.  Sometimes we have to deal with the distractions we expect, and sometimes the ones we don't.

I always try to push through life's distractions and redirect my efforts, no matter how numerous those distractions might be, and come back to the things that need to get done, tackling them one at a time until as many items as possible are checked off my to-do list.

Some days are more difficult than others when it comes to being personally productive, but if you think about it, every day is sink or swim time when it comes to succeeding in the things we want most.

Keeping our priorities straight is essential, but we mustn't use the most important things in life, such as our relationships, as excuses for being non-productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment